“Before the 1999 Kosovo conflict, the Roma community in Mitrovica in northern Kosovo was “one of the most vibrant and distinctive communities in the former Yugoslavia. Their neighborhood, known as the Roma Mahalla, comprised around 750 houses, with an estimated 8,000 inhabitants…was completely destroyed by the ethnic Albanians in the summer of 1999.” Human Rights Watch, June 23, 2009 Report: “Kosovo: Poisoned by Lead”. Read more.
- Equal Rights Amendment: Scary to the GOP but the only way to equality
- The American Dream for Women
- Cholera Victims’ Advocates Denounce UN’s Evasion of Responsibility in Kosovo
- Recommendations on Kosovo
- ERRC journal covers the treatment of Roma in war
- “Roma Sickened in U.N. Camps Are Still Waiting for Redress”
- Delegation of Women to Cuba